High Voltage Tattoo est 1994

High Voltage Tattoo est 1994
Patrick's web site

Translate

report animal abuse

report animal abuse

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

World's largest Spider Web and other spider related useless information

O.K. I have some time to kill before my rant on the hypocrisy of Thanksgiving, so I thought I'd share some amazing info and pictures about spiders and their webs. I was looking for reference pictures for ideas for spider webs for my next fairy drawing I am working on (a dark forest fairy) and , as usual, I got distracted. You have to understand that I have the attention span of a knat. Anyway here goes nothing..........







Every thing's bigger in Texas



Besides George Bush's ego and the Huston Astrodome (now vacant costing 1 million $ a year to maintain and to be turned into a luxury hotel) this is the third biggest thing in Texas!





Discovered by park rangers at Lake Tawakoni State Park in Texas, the football-field sized web is actually the result of millions of spiders working together. Strangely enough, spiders don't normally organize themselves in large social units, though so far their efforts have been incredibly successful.
Described as 'fairy-tale white' by the rangers who first arrived on the scene, the web is now a few shades darker as it is completely blanketed by ill-fated mosquitoes. The smorgasbord will likely continue until the autumn when the spiders short lives will come to an end.
source



Here are examples of the same type of spider making it's web after being given different drugs. Don't feel bad for the spider because they were treated well. They were given drugs, yes, but at least they were not ending up on the business end of a rolled up magazine! I would venture to guess they might even enjoyed their experience. Their art work was amazing. Most of the famous painters, sculptors, writers, musicians, actors and so called "great minds" were alcoholics and drug addicts. Sigmund Freud was a severe Cocaine addict and Sherlock Holmes aka Sir Arthur Conan Doyle also! Adolf Hitler and Stalin did not drink or do drugs. So draw your own conclusion. I am by NO MEANS promoting drinking or drugs this is just my sick sense of humor and these pictures were actually used for an anti-drug campaign. Similar to the egg frying in the pan with the caption "This is Your brain On Drugs" I just made up the parody rhyme


New rhyme for counting your child's toes?
This little spider drank too much coffee


This little spider stayed home
This little spider took acid
This little spider got stoned
And this little spider cried wEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
because he was on speed. Then ,after he helped everyone else finish their webs, he had a heart attack and died.
The End.

Other strange webs:


This was made by a spider on the space shuttle.


World's first Arachnid Astronaut!!!!


arabella in space


I love this one. After the dew formed it froze! Must have been a drastic sudden change in temperature because there is no way a web could stand up to an ice storm. Really beautiful and sad because the spider that made this could not have survived this severe cold. But she left a masterpiece!!!


Meow for now,


Catraven =^..^=

No comments:

Popular Posts